Updates total summaries.
The UpdateTotalSummary method can be used to force summary values recalculation. Such manual summary updates should be used in the following cases.
- When a View displays a large amount of data, automatic summary updates may slow down your application. Thus, you may disable automatic updates using the GridOptionsBehavior.AutoUpdateTotalSummary option. In this case, you should manually call the UpdateTotalSummary method each time summary values need to recalculated.
- When a custom aggregate function is implemented using the GridView.CustomSummaryCalculate event, summary values may not only depend on the data displayed by the View. If summaries depend on external data, you should call the UpdateTotalSummary method each time this external data is changed.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the UpdateTotalSummary member must not be invoked for these Views. The UpdateTotalSummary member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.