Starts an incremental search for the specified string.
public void StartIncrementalSearch( string start )
Public Sub StartIncrementalSearch( start As String )
The text to locate.
This incremental search feature allows an end-user to search for a record based upon a column’s displayed text. The search is performed in a forwards direction, starting from the currently focused row and only against the currently focused column. To enable the incremental search feature, set the GridOptionsBehavior.AllowIncrementalSearch option to true.
For more information, see the Filter and Search document.
The StartIncrementalSearch method allows you to start the incremental search manually. The method’s parameter specifies the text that should be found. You can stop the incremental search by calling the GridView.StopIncrementalSearch method.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the StartIncrementalSearch member must not be invoked for these Views. The StartIncrementalSearch member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.