This section contains documentation for the DevExpress Dashboard, which provides you with the capability to create interactive data visualization for Windows, the Web, and Mobile devices.
The topics below walk you through the main concepts and terminology related to the DevExpress Dashboard.
- DevExpress Dashboard Architecture - Contains a detailed description of the main dashboard terms.
- Dashboard - Introduces the concept of a dashboard that is the main component that visualizes data using different types of elements (dashboard items) - charts, grids and pivot tables, maps, etc.
- Dashboard Designer - Describes WinForms and Web controls that are the basis of Dashboard Designer applications.
- Dashboard Viewer - Describes the Dashboard Viewers that can be used to embed dashboards created in the Dashboard Designer into a WinForms or Web application.
- Dashboard Items - Lists the available dashboard items that are visualization elements designed to present visual or textual information in a dashboard.
- Data Sources - Provides the overview of available data source types such as SQL databases, OLAP cubes, Excel workbooks, etc.
- Measures and Dimensions - Introduces the concept of measures and dimensions that are used to manage data aggregation/summarization.
The topics below describe the common DevExpress Dashboard features that allow you to transform underlying data to a dashboard.
- Connecting to a Data Source - Learn how to connect to data using special Data Source wizards or by using API provided by the DevExpress.DataAccess library.
- Data Preparation - Prepare connected data before creating a dashboard.
- Binding to Data - See how to bind dashboard items to data.
- Data Shaping - Apply various data shaping operations such as grouping, sorting and filtering.
- Interactivity - Enable interaction between various dashboard items using Master Filtering and Drill-Down.
- Appearance Customization - Change the appearance of dashboard item elements using Coloring and Conditional Formatting.
- Advanced Analytics - Learn how to use advanced data analytics features such as Window Calculations and Parameters.
- Dashboard Layout - Customize the dashboard layout.
- Printing and Exporting - Learn about printing/exporting capabilities of the DevExpress Dashboard.
- WinForms and Web Specifics - Learn more about embedding a dashboard into WinForms or Web applications.