Updates group summaries.
NuGet Package: DevExpress.Win.Grid
Group summary values are automatically updated when changing cell values. There may be cases, however, when summary values do not only depend on the data displayed by the View. This may occur, for instance, when calculating summary values manually using the GridView.CustomSummaryCalculate event. In this case, you need to update group summaries manually when changing external data that affects summary values. Call the UpdateGroupSummary method for this purpose.
The UpdateGroupSummary method iterates through all groups within the current View and recalculates summary values for each group. Note that when a View contains a large number of records calling the UpdateGroupSummary method may cause a significant performance impact.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the UpdateGroupSummary member must not be invoked for these Views. The UpdateGroupSummary member can only be used with Views that display real data within the Grid Control. Use the following methods to access these Views with which an end user interacts at runtime.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.