Gets the row’s visible index.
public override int GetVisibleIndex( int rowHandle )
Public Overrides Function GetVisibleIndex( rowHandle As Integer ) As Integer
An integer value specifying the handle of the inspected row.
An integer value representing the row’s visible index.
Visible indexes define the order in which data and group rows are displayed within a View. The GetVisibleIndex method returns -1 in the cases listed below:
- the inspected row is hidden within a collapsed group;
- the inspected row is a new item row which is displayed at the top of a View (the GridOptionsView.NewItemRowPosition property is set to the NewItemRowPosition.Top value);
- the inspected row is an auto filter row.
If no row with the specified handle is found, the GetVisibleIndex method returns GridControl.InvalidRowHandle.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the GetVisibleIndex member must not be invoked for these Views. The GetVisibleIndex member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.