PDF Document API
- 2 minutes to read
The PDF Document API allows you to perform various scenarios with PDF documents in code. Use the straightforward API to merge, split, create, edit, password-protect, and digitally sign PDF files.
You require a license to the DevExpress Office File API or DevExpress Universal Subscription to use this component or library in production code. Refer to the DevExpress Subscription page for pricing information.
- Generate document layout from scratch.
- Create PDF graphics context;
- Draw your own graphics into PDF graphics context using images, string values and graphics (lines, Bezier curves, polygons, ellipses and paths);
- Add graphics content to a new or existing page.
- Merge different documents into a single PDF;
- Add a new page to a document, copy pages from one document to another PDF, delete or rotate a page.
Create bookmarks from scratch, change bookmark attributes (e.g. rename a bookmark, change its destination or font style) and delete bookmarks.
Add a hyperlink to a page or URI.
- Attach any number of files to the PDF document and access attached files.
- Create interactive form fields and add them to a document.
- Fill and flatten and remove existing interactive forms.
- Export and import interactive form data in various formats: FDF, XFDF, XML and TXT.
Text Markup Annotations
The PDF Document API component provides API that can be used to manipulate (create, modify or remove) text markup annotations in pages.
- Create markup annotations for a text and add them to a page.
- Change existing text markup annotations or remove them.
This section describes how to use save options to protect a document with a password and sign the document with a digital signature.
- Protect a document using both the owner and user passwords. Specify user permissions for printing, data extraction, document modification and interactive operations.
- Apply a digital signature to a document.
This section describes how to get content (an image, text) from a document.