Returns the focused cell’s display value.
public override string GetFocusedDisplayText()
Public Overrides Function GetFocusedDisplayText As String
A string representing the text displayed within the View’s focused cell.
If a group row is currently focused the GetFocusedDisplayText method returns the string which represents the text displayed by the group row (the same value as the one returned by the GridView.GetGroupRowDisplayText method). Otherwise, this method returns the text representation of the currently focused cell’s value. The returned string is formatted as specified by the GridColumn.DisplayFormat property of the focused column.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the GetFocusedDisplayText member must not be invoked for these Views. The GetFocusedDisplayText member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.