Stops the incremental search, if there is one currently in progress.
This method immediately stops any incremental search currently in progress, whether it was initiated either by an end-user or via code.
This incremental search feature allows an end-user to search for a record based upon a column's displayed text. The search is performed in a forwards direction, starting from the currently focused row and only against the currently focused column.
To enable the incremental search feature, set the GridOptionsBehavior.AllowIncrementalSearch option to true.
For more information, see the Filter and Search document.
To start the search manually, you can call GridView.StartIncrementalSearch.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the StopIncrementalSearch member must not be invoked for these Views. The StopIncrementalSearch member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.