Returns the focused cell’s value.
public override object GetFocusedValue()
Public Overrides Function GetFocusedValue As Object
An object representing the focused cell’s value.
If a group row is focused the GetFocusedValue method returns the value of the grouping column against which the data is grouped (the same value as the one returned by the GridView.GetGroupRowValue method). Otherwise, this method returns the focused cell’s value.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the GetFocusedValue member must not be invoked for these Views. The GetFocusedValue member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.