Returns the focused cell’s value.
NuGet Package: DevExpress.Win.Grid
public override object GetFocusedValue()
Public Overrides Function GetFocusedValue As Object
An object representing the focused cell’s value.
If a group row is focused the GetFocusedValue method returns the value of the grouping column against which the data is grouped (the same value as the one returned by the GridView.GetGroupRowValue method). Otherwise, this method returns the focused cell’s value.
The currently focused cell in a Grid View is identified by the ColumnView.FocusedColumn and ColumnView.FocusedRowHandle properties.
The following methods can be used to get the display values of specific cells: GridView.GetFocusedDisplayText, ColumnView.GetFocusedRowCellDisplayText and ColumnView.GetRowCellDisplayText.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the GetFocusedValue member must not be invoked for these Views. The GetFocusedValue member can only be used with Views that display real data within the Grid Control. Use the following methods to access these Views with which an end user interacts at runtime.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.