Returns the group level of a row specified by its visible index.
public virtual int GetVisibleRowLevel( int rowVisibleIndex )
Public Overridable Function GetVisibleRowLevel( rowVisibleIndex As Integer ) As Integer
An integer value identifying the row by its visible index.
A zero-based integer representing the row's group level.
The method performs the same task as the GridView.GetRowLevel method. The only difference is that the row is specified by its visible index rather than by its handle. Note that visible indexes can be converted to row handles and vice versa. The ColumnView.GetVisibleIndex and ColumnView.GetVisibleRowHandle methods can be used for this purpose. Please refer to the Rows topic for more information on row handles and visible indexes.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the GetVisibleRowLevel member must not be invoked for these Views. The GetVisibleRowLevel member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.