Expands the specified group row.
public void ExpandGroupRow( int rowHandle )
Public Sub ExpandGroupRow( rowHandle As Integer )
An integer value identifying the group row by its handle. If the specified handle points to a data row this method does nothing.
The ExpandGroupRow method raises the GridView.GroupRowExpanding event. This event allows preventing the group row from being expanded. If a row has been expanded the GridView.GroupRowExpanded event is raised.
To expand group rows recursively use one of the other overloads of this method.
Please refer to the Working with Groups in Code topic for additional information.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the ExpandGroupRow member must not be invoked for these Views. The ExpandGroupRow member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.
The following example expands the focused group row.
if (gridView1.IsGroupRow(gridView1.FocusedRowHandle)) gridView1.ExpandGroupRow(gridView1.FocusedRowHandle);