Collapses the specified master row.
public void CollapseMasterRow( int rowHandle )
Public Sub CollapseMasterRow( rowHandle As Integer )
An integer value specifying the handle of the master row to be collapsed.
The CollapseMasterRow method can be used as an alternative to the GridView.SetMasterRowExpanded method. The latter requires an additional parameter specifying how the row's expanded state should be changed.
Before a master row is collapsed, the GridView.MasterRowCollapsing event is raised. If the event handler prohibits row collapsing, the CollapseMasterRow method does nothing. If the row has been collapsed successfully, the GridView.MasterRowCollapsed event is raised.
Please refer to the Master-Detail Relationships topic for additional information.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the CollapseMasterRow member must not be invoked for these Views. The CollapseMasterRow member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.