Closes the currently active inplace editor discarding changes made to the edited value.
The HideEditor method is automatically called when end-users press the ESC key while editing. Note that closing the active inplace editor always raises the ColumnView.HiddenEditor event.
If no cell is being edited at the present moment, HideEditor performs no actions.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the HideEditor member must not be invoked for these Views. The HideEditor member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.