Hides the active editor saving changes made.
Cell values are edited by editors from the DevExpress Editors Library or their descendants. Unlike the BaseView.HideEditor method which simply closes the active editor, the CloseEditor method also saves the changes made to the edited cell's content. This method can be useful, for instance, when you need to close the text editor and to save its contents when the input string length reaches a predefined value.
The CloseEditor method is also called automatically when the end-user accepts the edited value.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the CloseEditor member must not be invoked for these Views. The CloseEditor member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.