Returns the focused cell's display value.
public virtual string GetFocusedDisplayText()
Public Overridable Function GetFocusedDisplayText As String
A string representing the text displayed within the View's focused cell.
Use the GetFocusedDisplayText method to obtain the text representation of the currently focused cell's value. The returned string is formatted as specified by the GridColumn.DisplayFormat property of the column in which the specified cell resides. To obtain the actual value of the cell, use the ColumnView.GetFocusedValue method.
To get the text displayed in other cells in the focused row use the ColumnView.GetFocusedRowCellDisplayText method.
The ColumnView.GetRowCellDisplayText method can be used to get the display text of any column in any row.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the GetFocusedDisplayText member must not be invoked for these Views. The GetFocusedDisplayText member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.