Gets the error description for a specific cell or the entire focused row.
public virtual string GetColumnError( GridColumn column )
Public Overridable Function GetColumnError( column As GridColumn ) As String
A GridColumn object identifying the cell within the focused row. null (Nothing in Visual Basic) to return the error description for the entire row.
A string value representing an error description.
See the Internal ErrorInfo Support topic for details.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the GetColumnError member must not be invoked for these Views. The GetColumnError member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.