Gets or sets the name of the service field in a data source that contains unique values. This is a dependency property.
NuGet Package: DevExpress.Wpf.Grid.Core
The name of the field that contains unique values.
If you want to implement the Self-Referential data structure, you should include two service fields in your data source:
- Key Field
- Contains unique values. Assign this field to the KeyFieldName property.
- Parent Field
- Identifies the parent node. Assign this field to the ParentFieldName property.
Columns bound to these fields are called service columns.
- The Key and Parent fields should have the same data type.
- A node cannot have equal Key and Parent field values.
- Do not use Unbound columns as service columns.
Related GitHub Examples
The following code snippets (auto-collected from DevExpress Examples) contain references to the KeyFieldName property.
The algorithm used to collect these code examples remains a work in progress. Accordingly, the links and snippets below may produce inaccurate results. If you encounter an issue with code examples below, please use the feedback form on this page to report the issue.