A panel control that acts as a movable window.
public class ASPxDockPanel : ASPxPopupControlBase, IControlDesigner
Public Class ASPxDockPanel Inherits ASPxPopupControlBase Implements IControlDesigner
Related API Members
The following members accept/return ASPxDockPanel objects:
The ASPxDockPanel control is a window that can be dragged around the Web page and docked in zones.
An ASPxDockPanel object has a unique identifier specified via the ASPxDockPanel.PanelUID property. This property can be used to obtain a panel at runtime on the server (ASPxDockManager.FindPanelByUID) or client (ASPxClientDockManager.GetPanelByUID and ASPxClientDockZone.GetPanelByUID) side. If the panel is docked, the ASPxDockPanel.OwnerZone and ASPxDockPanel.OwnerZoneUID properties can be used to obtain the panel's owner.
A panel may consist of the following elements:
- A header which can display an image (PopupControlImages.Header), text (ASPxPopupControlBase.HeaderText) and a specific close button, which when clicked, closes the panel. End-users can move a panel within the page by dragging the window's header, if the ASPxDockPanel.AllowDragging property is set to true. The header's visibility is controlled by the ASPxPopupControlBase.ShowHeader property. The ASPxPopupControlBase.DragElement property is used to specify the panel section that is available for drag and drop operations.
- A footer which can display an image (PopupControlImages.Footer), text (ASPxPopupControlBase.FooterText) and size grip (PopupControlImages.SizeGrip). The footer's visibility is controlled by the ASPxPopupControlBase.ShowFooter property.
- A content area which can display a content text (ASPxPopupControlBase.Text) and which allows different visual elements to be added through the ASPxPopupControlBase.Controls property. A panel's content can also be visualized by an external web page specified via the ASPxPopupControlBase.ContentUrl property.
A popup element (i.e., ASPxPopupControl or ASPxDockPanel) cannot contain another popup element inside.
The ASPxDockPanel height and width (accessible by the ASPxWebControl.Height and ASPxWebControl.Width properties) cannot be set as a percentage. Set the dimensions in pixels to correctly display the control in all browsers.
When using the ASPxDockPanel with the ContentUrl property specified, the dock panel loads its content page within an iframe element. After docking/floating the ASPxDockPanel from the ASPxDockZone, the dock panel's iframe is removed from the DOM tree and reloaded. As a result, the script execution is stopped inside the iframe and the DOM API of the iframe window is no longer available. This behavior is a known issue of the IE 9 browser described in the APIs Are Not Available if iFrame Is Removed from DOM Tree article.
The ASPxDockPanel enables you to specify the dock states available for the current panel, using the ASPxDockPanel.AllowedDockState property.
Using a dock panel's ASPxDockPanel.ForbiddenZones property, you can specify disallowed zones for the panel - the zones to which the panel cannot be docked. It is also possible to provide different appearances for the allowed and forbidden zone states, by using a dock zone's DockZoneStyles.DockingAllowedStyle and DockZoneStyles.DockingForbiddenStyle properties. These appearances are used to highlight zones during panel dragging and to indicate whether a particular zone is allowed or disallowed for panel docking.
The ASPxDockPanel has the capability to load the content of a panel on demand. Several content loading modes are available via the settings of the ASPxDockPanel.LoadContentViaCallback property.
- The control's client-side equivalent is the ASPxClientDockPanel object.
- On the client side, the client object can be accessed directly, by the name specified via the ASPxPopupControlBase.ClientInstanceName property.
- The available client events can be accessed, using the ASPxDockPanel.ClientSideEvents property.
The control's client-side API is enabled if the ASPxPopupControlBase.EnableClientSideAPI property is set to true, or the ASPxPopupControlBase.ClientInstanceName property is defined, or any client event is handled.