Invalidates the View element located at the point specified by the hit information object.
public virtual void InvalidateHitObject( BaseHitInfo hitInfo )
Public Overridable Sub InvalidateHitObject( hitInfo As BaseHitInfo )
A BaseHitInfo descendant containing hit information.
Hit information objects to be passed as this method’s parameter can be obtained using the desired View’s CalcHitInfo method. The method requires the test point as the parameter.
As implemented in the BaseView class, the InvalidateHitObject method simply calls the BaseView.Invalidate method, which invalidates the entire View area. Descendant classes (CardView, GridView and BandedGridView) override this method to provide a proper implementation.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the InvalidateHitObject member must not be invoked for these Views. The InvalidateHitObject member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.