Validates the currently focused row’s value/data.
public virtual bool UpdateCurrentRow()
Public Overridable Function UpdateCurrentRow As Boolean
true if the row has been successfully updated; otherwise, false.
As implemented in the BaseView class, the UpdateCurrentRow method does nothing and always returns true. It is overridden in the ColumnView class to raise the ColumnView.ValidateRow event so that you can manually specify whether row values are valid. Read the ColumnView.UpdateCurrentRow topic for more information.
Refer to the Modify and Validate Cell Values topic for information on how to check the validity of data entered by end-users into a row.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the UpdateCurrentRow member must not be invoked for these Views. The UpdateCurrentRow member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.