Restores View layout after the View has been maximized.
The grid control enables you to maximize clones of detail Views. This can be done by calling the BaseView.ZoomView method of the desired clone. Once a clone is maximized it is displayed as the main View (its parent Views are not displayed). The initial layout of Views can be restored by calling the NormalView method of the currently maximized clone. Please refer to the Master-Detail Relationships topic for details on this zooming feature.
As implemented in the BaseView class, the NormalView method performs nothing. Descendants override the method to provide proper functionality.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the NormalView member must not be invoked for these Views. The NormalView member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.