Reloads data into View from the data source.
If a Grid source implements the IBindingList interface, the control automatically receives change notifications and you do not need to call the RefreshData method. In case you use a custom object list, implement the INotifyPropertyChanged interface to enable automatic change notifications.
Do not call the RefreshData method when a data operation (e.g., edit or validation) is ongoing as it may cause an exception. To ensure the RefreshData method runs when all data operations are finished, use the Control.BeginInvoke method.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the RefreshData member must not be invoked for these Views. The RefreshData member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.