Activates the focused cell’s editor.
end-users can activate a cell’s editor by clicking it or pressing the ENTER or SPACE key when the cell is focused. You can also show editors programmatically. This can be done by using the ShowEditor method which is intended to invoke the focused cell’s editor. This can be useful, for example, when you want to invoke editing mode as soon as a form is loaded.
As implemented in the BaseView class, the ShowEditor method performs no actions. It is overridden in derived classes in order to implement the appropriate functionality.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the ShowEditor member must not be invoked for these Views. The ShowEditor member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.