- 3 minutes to read
The Tree List is available as a stand-alone control or as one of the Data Grid Views.
Bind to Data
Refer to the following topic for more information: Bind to Data.
Display Hierarchical Data
The TreeListControl can display data in a tree from a self-referential (flat) or hierarchical data structure.
- Self-Referential Data
- Build a tree if objects in a data source contain Key and Parent fields.
- Child Nodes Path
- Set a path to the children field. Use this technique only when child and parent fields have the same object type.
- Child Nodes Selector
- Create a selector that returns node children. You can use this technique for different object types.
- Asynchronous Child Nodes Selector
- Fetch child nodes in a background thread to keep the TreeListView responsive to user actions.
- Hierarchical Data Templates
- Create a template for different data types.
- Unbound Mode
- Create a tree without a data source.
Refer to the following help topic for more information: Display Hierarchical Data.
The TreeListControl allows you to:
- Add and Remove Nodes
- Use In-place Editors to edit cell data.
- Enable Edit Forms to improve user experience in edit mode.
- Edit Data in Code
- Validate Input
Filter and Search Data
- Column Drop-Down Filters
- Filter Editor
- Filter Elements
- Automatic Filter Row
- Filter Panel
- Filtering in Code
- Search Panel
The TreeListControl allows you to display Data Summaries for individual columns or children of each node. The control ships with a number of built-in functions, such as Sum, Maximum Value, Record Count, and others. You can also implement a custom aggregation function.
The TreeListControl allows you to select nodes, cells, or their ranges.
- Drag and drop records within the TreeListControl.
- Drag and drop records between the TreeListControl and external controls (both DevExpress WPF Controls and Standard WPF Controls).
- Drag and drop records to and from external applications.
The TreeListControl allows you to change the data layout, appearance, and visual presentation of elements (for example, cells, nodes, summaries, etc.).
Print and Export
Extended design-time support allows you to configure the TreeListControl.