.NET/.NET Core Support
- 2 minutes to read
The table below shows the versions of DevExpress WPF Controls that support .NET/.NET Core.
|DevExpress Version||.NET Core 3.0||.NET Core 3.1 (LTS)||.NET 5.0|
Prerequisites to build .NET Core applications:
- .NET/.NET Core
- Visual Studio 2019 v16.6+ (includes support for .NET 5.0)
- Visual Studio 2019 v16.4+ (includes support for .NET Core 3.1)
- Visual Studio 2019 v16.3 (includes support for .NET Core 3.0)
The Getting Started topic explains how to start using DevExpress WPF UI controls in a .NET 5 WPF application.
Migrate an Existing Application to .NET 5
The Migrate WPF Applications to .NET topic describes how to migrate an existing WPF Application to .NET 5.
The Deploy .NET 5 Applications topic describes how to deploy your .NET 5 WPF application.
DevExpress WPF controls have the following limitations:
- The ApplicationJumpListService is not available.
- The Theme Designer builds theme assemblies that target the .NET Framework only.
The following Visual Studio design-time features are not supported:
- The .NET Core Desktop Product Installer does not include Visual Studio extensions.
Create Custom Themes for .NET 5 Applications with the Theme Designer
- Install DevExpress WPF Controls for the .NET Framework.
- Build and publish your custom theme that targets the .NET Framework in the Theme Designer.
- Reference the resulting assembly in .NET 5 projects.
Theme projects contain XAML resources and no C# or VB code, and there are no conflicts between the .NET Framework and .NET 5.