The DevExpress MVVM Framework allows you to implement the MVVM pattern in your application. Note that you can use the DevExpress MVVM Framework and DevExpress WPF Controls separately. The DevExpress WPF Controls are compatible with third-party libraries.
Refer to the following help topic for a list of common DevExpress MVVM Framework use cases: Use the MVVM Framework to Avoid Code-Behind.
List of Features
- Contain boilerplate code for bindable properties, commands, services and define interaction between View Models.
- Allow you to define actions in a View Model and bind a control to them in a View.
- Attach to visual controls and allow you to customize them.
- Perform View-related actions from a View Model.
- Extends a standard binding mechanism with the DXBinding, DXCommand, and DXEvent markup extensions.
- Convert types and values of the same type.
- Locates Views by their type names.
- Exchanges messages between application modules.
- Data Annotation Attributes
- Customize data classes, specify how to display data, define validation rules, and set relationships between data classes.
- Iterates through elements of logical and visual trees.
- Weak Events
- Implement the interaction between different application modules and objects that exist throughout the application’s lifecycle.