Server Data and Large Data Sources
- 2 minutes to read
In regular data binding modes, a data-aware control loads an entire data set at once, which, in cases of large data volumes, significantly slows down application startup and consumes a considerable amount of memory.
- The GridControl bound to InfiniteAsyncSource displays data with infinite scrolling.
- The GridControl bound to PagedAsyncSource displays data in pages.
- an Instant Feedback mode (asynchronous server mode) loads data in a background thread, so that the GUI remains responsive in the process;
- a regular (synchronous) Server Mode locks the GUI and does not respond to end users actions when data is retrieved.
Load Data on Demand
Load Data Asynchronously
Build Custom Queries
* The Virtual Source components disable data operations. To enable an operation, enable the GridControl's option and handle a data source event. Refer to the How to Use Virtual Sources topic for more information.
** The Virtual Source components provide events to load data. You can use any data access technology.
*** In server modes you cannot customize queries from data sources that use the following data access technologies.