Hides the currently active editor discarding changes made.
The HideEditor method destroys the edited cell's editor and switches the View to browse mode. Changes made within the edited cell are discarded. The method is automatically called when an end-user presses the ESC key after modifying the cell's value. Note that calling this method raises the ColumnView.HiddenEditor event.
If no cell is being edited at the present moment, calling the HideEditor method is not in effect.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the HideEditor member must not be invoked for these Views. The HideEditor member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.