Updates the View.
The LayoutChanged method recalculates all the View’s graphical information and redraws the View. This method is called automatically when global changes are applied to the View (for instance, when changing card width, etc). You may also call this method manually when the View needs to be updated. This can be useful if you implement custom behaviors for the grid control or when you make changes to the data source and the data source doesn’t support automatic change notifications.
Calling the LayoutChanged method has no effect in the following cases:
- the View is being initialized or destroyed;
- the BaseView.BeginUpdate method was called previously and there was no matching call to the BaseView.EndUpdate method;
- the method is called for a pattern view.
Calling the LayoutChanged method raises the BaseView.Layout event.
For an example demonstrating use of this method, see the GridCustomDraw demo project.
Detail pattern Views do not contain data and they are never displayed within XtraGrid. So, the LayoutChanged member must not be invoked for these Views. The LayoutChanged member can only be used with real Views that are displayed within the Grid Control. The real Views with which an end-user interacts at runtime can be accessed using the following methods.
- GridControl.MainView - returns the top most View in a grid;
- GridControl.FocusedView - returns the focused View;
- GridControl.DefaultView - returns the currently maximized View;
- the sender parameter of View specific events;
- GridView.GetDetailView - returns a detail clone View for a specific master row.