- 2 minutes to read
The RibbonControl allows you to add the Microsoft Office Ribbon interfaces to your applications. The Ribbon was designed to replace the traditional bars and hierarchical menu model with a new and modern-looking UI, which provides quick and intuitive access to commands.
This document contains the following sections:
- Support for the Microsoft Office Ribbon UI - RibbonControl is the main component that implements the Ribbon UI in the latest versions of Microsoft Office.
- Quick Access Toolbar - This bar, displayed within the RibbonControl, contains the most widely used commands. An end-user can add specific commands to this bar at runtime by using a context menu.
- Ribbon Status Bar Implemented by the RibbonStatusBarControl control - Represents a status bar that emulates the status bar in MS Office applications.
- Support for in-ribbon and drop-down galleries.
- Dedicated Backstage View - The application menu inspired by Office 2010.
- Integration with the ThemedWindow - RibbonControl supports integration with the ThemedWindow control. Refer to the Ribbon Control Integration topic for more information.
- SuperTips - SuperTip objects allow you to create large tooltips consisting of multiple text and image regions. It’s possible to provide tooltips for individual page groups, bar items and gallery items.
- Key Tips - provide quick keyboard access to the RibbonControl elements. See Key Tips for more details.
- Controlling Quick Access Toolbar Position and Visibility - It’s possible to display and to hide the Quick Access Toolbar along the top or bottom edge of the RibbonControl. See the RibbonControl.ToolbarShowMode property.
- Displaying Various Elements Within the RibbonControl and RibbonStatusBarControl - It adds buttons, editors, submenus, static text, etc., to the controls. Moreover, you can display a single command in multiple places. See Populating Ribbon.
- Button Groups - These allow you to combine specific commands into groups, so they are never broken when the Ribbon controls are resized.
The following basic components are included in this library:
|ApplicationMenu||The Windows Explorer style popup menu.|
|BackstageViewControl||The MS Office style full-screen menu.|
|GalleryDropDownPopupMenu||A popup menu capable of displaying a gallery.|
|RibbonControl||The Ribbon Control.|
|RibbonStatusBarControl||A Ribbon UI status bar.|