Bind a Series to a Data Source
This document describes how to specify a data source for a manually created series so that it is populated with points based on the specified fields. This is an alternative approach to adding series points manually.
After you create a series manually, it is not displayed unless it has points. You can force a series to obtain its data from your project's data source.
If a series type requires more than one value to be provided for its points, these values are specified via attached properties (e.g., BubbleSeries2D.WeightDataMember).
For code examples, refer to the following tutorials.
- How to: Bind a Chart to an Observable Collection
- How to: Bind a Chart to Data from an MDB File
- How to: Bind a Chart to a Static Resource
- How to: Bind a Chart to an XML Data Source using a Complex Data Path
- How to: Bind a Chart to an XML Data Source using the XPath Property