Displays multiple sets of items and automatically initiates drag-and-drop operations when an end-user starts dragging these items.
public class ToolboxControl : BaseStyleControl, IToolboxControl, IMouseWheelSupport, IGestureClient, IDisposable
Public Class ToolboxControl Inherits BaseStyleControl Implements IToolboxControl, IMouseWheelSupport, IGestureClient, IDisposable
The ToolboxControl provides built-in support for drag-and-drop operations of its items to external controls. The following image demonstrates a sample ToolboxControl that contains two groups (Pie Charts and Column Charts), each providing a set of items. Each time an item is dropped, the ToolboxControl.DragItemDrop event fires, which allows you to implement certain actions.
When an end-user starts dragging a toolbox item, a drag-and-drop operation is automatically initiated. To customize the drag-and-drop operation's settings and complete the operation (e.g. drop the dragged item onto an external surface), handle these events:
- ToolboxControl.DragItemStart - Fires when an item's drag operation starts. Allows you to replace the cursor icon and cancel the drag operation.
- ToolboxControl.DragItemMove - Fires during item dragging. Allows you to specify the drop effect in the current position.
- ToolboxControl.DragItemCancel - Fires when a drag operation is canceled.
- ToolboxControl.DragItemDrop - Fires after an item has been dropped. Allows you to perform custom actions on item dropping.
To perform actions on a double-click, handle the ToolboxControl.ItemDoubleClick event.
Items in the ToolboxControl are combined into groups. Thus, to add items, you first need to add a group(s) to the ToolboxControl.Groups collection, and then add items to this group using the ToolboxGroup.Items collection. At design time, you can populate the ToolboxControl with groups and items using smart tags.
The control's additional features include:
- Embedded search box - This editor allows end-users to quickly locate items by their captions (see ToolboxOptionsView.ShowSearchPanel).
- Control's minimization feature - Allows end-users to collapse the control to a small bar (see ToolboxControl.OptionsMinimizing).
- Quick access to item groups with the built-in menu (see ToolboxOptionsView.ShowMenuButton).
- Multiple item selection feature (see ToolboxOptionsBehavior.ItemSelectMode)