A layout item is a LayoutControlItem component that can display an external control, a caption and an image within the Layout Control.
Once you add a control to the layout, the Layout Control manages the control's size, position and visibility. Do not modify the Size, AutoSize, Dock, Location, Visible, Anchor and other related properties of embedded controls. Use the Layout Control's properties and methods instead.
The following image shows four layout items displayed within the 'Personal Info' layout group. The three layout items on the left have captions, while the layout item on the right does not:
- How to: Create a layout in Regular mode in code
- How to: Create layout groups and items in code
- How to: Create a tabbed group in code
- How to: Create custom 'fixed' item
- How to: Specify which properties to display in the Property Grid when selecting layout items