Regardless of their types all editors are used to represent and edit values in specific forms. When an editor needs to display the edit value within the edit box it converts the edit value to its string representation. The process of converting edit values to their string representation is called formatting.
This topic covers methods related to the formatting mechanism. It gives the methods which affect how edit values are represented within editors.
- Formatting Approaches
- Members that Support the Formatting Mechanism
- Format Specifiers
- Composite Formatting
- Custom Formatting
- How to: Format Date-Time Values Using the LongDate Pattern
- How to: Format Date-Time Values Using a Custom Format Pattern
- How to: Format a Numeric Value according to its Sign
- How to: Add Custom Text to a Formatted String
- How to: Create a Custom Formatter to Change the Case of String Values
- How to: Create a Custom Formatter to Represent Decimal Values in Binary