Get Started with WinForms Rich Text Editor
This document gives you a list of resources you need to get started with the RichEditControl. These examples demonstrate the control’s basic functionality, and contain step-by-step instructions on how to create simple word processing applications in Microsoft Visual Studio.
To quickly get started with XtraRichEdit, review the following tutorials:
- How to: Create the RichEditControl with a Bar UI
- How to: Create the RichEditControl with a Ribbon UI
- How to: Use the Template Gallery to Create the RichEditControl
For more examples on how to work with the RichEditControl, check the following articles and review the Examples section:
- How to: Create a New Document with the RichEdit Control
- How to: Load a Document into the RichEditControl
- How to: Save a Document in the RichEdit Control
- How to: Insert Text at the Cursor Position
- How to: Change Formatting of Selected Text
- How to: Print a Document
In addition to the lessons listed above, we have prepared an online video to help you become familiar with the RichEditControl. This video shows how to replicate steps described in the corresponding lessons, and also demonstrates some additional features.