- 2 minutes to read
This document gives you a quick overview of what resources you need to review first to get started with the XtraCharts Suite. These examples demonstrate the basic functionality of XtraCharts, and provide you with the step-by-step instructions on how to create simple and advanced charting applications in MS Visual Studio.
For basic information on how to use the XtraCharts Suite, please refer to the following topics:
- Basic Terms: Diagram
- Basic Terms: Data Point, Its Argument and Value
- Basic Terms: Series and Series Views
- Basic Terms: Axes and Panes
- Chart Element Hierarchy
To quickly get started with XtraCharts, we suggest that you review the following tutorials.
- Lesson 1 - Create a Simple Unbound Chart
- Lesson 2 - Create a Chart using the Chart Designer
- Lesson 3 - Bind Chart Series to Data
- Lesson 4 - Use a Series Template for Auto-Created Series
In addition to the lessons listed above, we have prepared a lot of online videos to help you become familiar with XtraCharts. They will be of particular interest to those developers who recently started working with Visual Studio .NET, or have not yet had an opportunity to see XtraCharts in action. In general, these online demos show how to replicate the steps that are described in the corresponding lessons, and also demonstrate some additional features.
XtraCharts online videos are available on the DevExpress YouTube channel.