- 3 minutes to read
The DevExpress Pivot Grid provides numerous built-in features that enable you to perform various data analysis tasks. Below is a list of essential features offered by the DevExpress Pivot Grid.
- Support for Multiple Datasource Types - The DevExpress Pivot Grid provides full support for regular and custom data sources that implement the IList interface. To learn more, see the Binding to Data topic.
- MS Analysis Services Support - You can use MS Analysis Services (OLAP) as a data source for a PivotGridControl. To learn more, see the OLAP Data Source topic.
- Automatic Summary Calculation for Each Cell - Nine summary functions are available. See the PivotSummaryType topic for a complete list of these functions.
- Custom summaries - Pivot Grid Control provides the capability to calculate summaries manually. To learn more, see the Custom Summaries topic.
- Any Number of Data Fields - This feature allows you to calculate and display multiple summaries at the intersection of each column and row. To learn more, see the Data Field topic.
- Any Number of Column and Row Fields - Column and row field values are listed along the top and right edge of the control, and identify column and row headers. The values of multiple column (row) fields are arranged into a hierarchy and can be expanded. To learn more, see the Column Field and Row Field topics.
- Automatic Total and Grand Total Calculation - Totals are displayed as additional columns or rows containing summarized data. To learn more, see the Totals topic.
- Grouping Values into Intervals - Specific field values of column and row fields can automatically be grouped into larger categories (ranges). To learn more, see the Grouping topic.
- Multiple Fields - Multiple fields can be bound to the same data source field, and the values of these fields can be grouped independently.
- Filtering Data - This feature enables you to limit which records are processed by the PivotGridControl. An end-user can easily change the filter at runtime via the Filter Dropdown. To learn more, see the Filtering topic.
- Sorting - Pivot Grid Control provides a sorting feature that allows you to manage the sort order, sort data by summary values, and limit the number of displayed field values. To learn more, see the Sorting topic.
- Obtaining Underlying Data - You can display and browse records used to calculate summaries in specific cells in the grid control. To learn more, see the Obtaining Underlying Data (Drill-Down) topic.
- End-user Capabilities - The pivot grid provides a wide range of capabilities to end-users such as reordering, filtering and sorting fields, controlling field visibility, etc. To learn more, see the End-User Capabilities topic.
- Printing and Exporting Support - Pivot Grid Control content can be printed or exported using the XtraPrinting Library. To learn more, see the Printing and Exporting topics.
- Integration with the Chart Control - The data displayed in the Pivot Grid Control can be visualized using the XtraCharts Suite. To learn more, see the Integration with the Chart Control topic.
- Layout Saving - The layout of the pivot grid can be saved to and restored from the system registry, an XML file or a stream. To learn more, see the Save and Restore Layout topic.
- Appearance Customization - The appearance settings used to paint Pivot Grid Control visual elements, provide a consistent look and feel, or paint the control manually can be customized. To learn more, see the Appearance topic.
- Interface Element Localization - Pivot Grid Control has resources that can be translated into various languages. To learn more, see the Localization topic.