ASP.NET Core Reporting
- 3 minutes to read
This section describes how to create, update, and customize reporting applications in ASP.NET Core.
The following topic shows how to add a report to an application: Create a Report in Visual Studio. You can add a new report or import a report from a .REPX file.
Use Reporting Components
You can use the following components in your ASP.NET Core application:
- Document Viewer
- Document Viewer allows users to view, print, and export reports. The following topics describe how to add this component to your application:
- Add a Document Viewer to a DevExtreme ASP.NET Core Application
- Add a Document Viewer to an ASP.NET Core Application
- Use Visual Studio Templates to Create an ASP.NET Core Application with a Document Viewer
- Report Designer
- With the Report Designer, users can create, store, and modify reports. The component includes a built-in Document Viewer. See the following topic for information on how to add the Report Designer to your application:
- Add an End-User Report Designer to a DevExtreme ASP.NET Core Application
- Add an End-User Report Designer to an ASP.NET Core Application
- Use Visual Studio Templates to Create an ASP.NET Core Application with a Report Designer
Review the following topic for code samples: ASP.NET Core Reporting Best Practices.
Features in Detail
- Print and Export Reports in ASP.NET Core Applications
- Open a Report in ASP.NET Core Application
- Report Parameters in ASP.NET Core Applications
- Tasks and Solutions for ASP.NET Core Applications
- Document Viewer Customization (ASP.NET Core)
- End-User Report Designer Customization (ASP.NET Core)
Upgrade a Project
The following topic describes how to upgrade a project to a newer version of reporting controls:
Themes and Styles
The following topic describes how to change the theme applied to the reporting controls:
Localize an Application
The following topic describes how to use JSON files from the DevExpress Localization Service to localize reporting controls in an ASP.NET Core application:
For general information on the ASP.NET Core platform, review the following topic: Globalization and localization in ASP.NET Core.
Draw Reports on Linux and MacOS
The following topic demonstrates how to use the DevExpress cross-platform drawing engine to render reports on Linux or macOS platforms:
Refer to the following tutorial for instructions on how to dockerize (add to a Docker container) your DevExpress Reporting ASP.NET Core application: Visual Studio Tools for Docker with ASP.NET Core.
Make the following changes to the docker file configuration when you add the application to a Linux container:
FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/aspnet:7.0-bullseye-slim AS base #Install dependencies RUN apt-get update RUN apt-get install -y libc6 libicu-dev libfontconfig1