ASP.NET Core Reporting
- 3 minutes to read
This section describes how to create, update, and customize reporting applications in ASP.NET Core.
- Review the following topic if your application uses .NET Core 3 or .NET 5: Report Designer for .NET Core and .NET 5 Projects (CTP).
- The following topic shows how to add a report to an application: Create a Report in Visual Studio. You can add a new report or import a report from a .REPX file.
Use Reporting Components
You can use the following components in your ASP.NET Core application:
- Document Viewer
- Document Viewer allows users to view, print, and export reports. The following topics describes how to add this component to your application:
- Add the Document Viewer to an ASP.NET Core Application
- Create an ASP.NET Core Application with a Document Viewer.
- Report Designer
- With the Report Designer, users can create, store, and modify reports. The component includes a built-in Document Viewer. See the following topic for information on how to add the Report Designer to your application:
- Add an End-User Report Designer to an ASP.NET Core Application
- Create an ASP.NET Core Application with a Report Designer
For code samples review the following topic: ASP.NET Core Reporting Best Practices.
Features in Detail
- Print and Export Reports in ASP.NET Core Applications
- Open a Report in ASP.NET Core Application
- Report Parameters in ASP.NET Core Applications
- Tasks and Solutions for ASP.NET Core Applications
- Document Viewer Customization (ASP.NET Core)
- End-User Report Designer Customization (ASP.NET Core)
Upgrade a Project
The following topic describes how to upgrade a project to a newer version of reporting controls:
Localize an Application
The following topic describes how to use JSON files from the DevExpress Localization Service to localize reporting controls in an ASP.NET Core application: Localize Your ASP.NET Core Reporting Application. For general information on the ASP.NET Core platform, review the following topic: Globalization and localization in ASP.NET Core.
Draw Reports on Linux and MacOS
Refer to the Visual Studio Tools for Docker with ASP.NET Core tutorial for instructions on how to dockerize (add to a Docker container) your DevExpress Reporting ASP.NET Core application.
Make the following changes to the docker file configuration when you add the application to a Linux container:
... FROM microsoft/aspnetcore:2.1 AS base RUN apt-get update RUN apt-get install -y libgdiplus libc6-dev RUN apt-get install -y libicu-dev libharfbuzz0b libfontconfig1 libfreetype6 ...