- 2 minutes to read
Most DevExpress .NET WinForms controls let you format values before they are displayed onscreen. For instance, you can format a numeric value as a currency, display a date/time value in one of the standard forms depending upon the culture (6/17/2005; Friday, June 17, 2006), etc. DevExpress controls use a standard formatting mechanism to format values as described in Microsoft documentation. The current document shows how to invoke this formatting mechanism for DevExpress controls.
- Formatting Approaches
- Members that Support the Formatting Mechanism
- Format Specifiers
- Composite Formatting
- Custom Formatting
Specific controls also provide events that allow you to dynamically format displayed text.
For editors, it is possible to use masks to enable formatted input; the masks can also be used to format values even when no editing is active.
- How to: Format Date-Time Values Using the LongDate Pattern
- How to: Format Date-Time Values Using a Custom Format Pattern
- How to: Format a Numeric Value according to its Sign
- How to: Add Custom Text to a Formatted String
- How to: Create a Custom Formatter to Change the Case of String Values
- How to: Create a Custom Formatter to Represent Decimal Values in Binary