- 2 minutes to read
ASPxFileManager is an Explorer-like control that allows users to manage files and folders. Users can upload and select files, and even change the folder structure (for example, rename, copy, move, and delete files or folders). File and folder management capabilities are customizable and can be switched off if necessary.
This topic lists the main features of the ASPxFileManager control.
- Display folder and file structures.
- Select multiple items. (See demo: Multiple File Selection)
- Two file list view modes: Details and Thumbnails. (See demo: Details View)
- Automatically sort folders and files based on their names.
- Automatically generate and display thumbnails for image files.
- Use a database as the source of file system data. (See demo: Database Binding)
- Rename, move and delete files and folders.
- Customizable toolbar. (See demo: Custom Toolbar)
- Upload files.
- Download files.
- Use callbacks to update the file list dynamically.
- Drag and drop support.
- Access rules to control access permissions. (See demo: Access Control)
- Search for a file within a list quickly, using a built-in filter box.
- Built-in context menu.
- Amazon, Azure, and Dropbox file system providers. (See demo: Amazon Provider, Azure Provider, Dropbox Provider)
- Item templates. (See demo: Templates)
- Keyboard support for main file operations.
- Client-side events allow you to perform custom actions before and after users edit items, handle errors that occur when they edit items, and respond when they change or open a selected file.
- You can use our client-side API to obtain the selected file, get the current folder path, get the full file name, and refresh all pages.