- 2 min to read
ASPxFileManager is an Explorer-like control that provides your end-users with the ability to manage files and folders. This control also allows end-users to easily upload and select files, and even change folder structure (by renaming, copying, moving and deleting files or folders). File and folder management capabilities are fully customizable and can be switched off if necessary.
This topic lists the main features of the ASPxFileManager control.
- Display folder and file structures.
- Select multiple items. (See demo: Multiple File Selection)
- Two file list view modes: Details and Thumbnails. (See demo: Details View)
- Automatically sort folders and files based on their names.
- Automatically generate and display thumbnails for image files.
- Use a database as the source of file system data. (See demo: Database Binding)
- Rename, move and delete files and folders.
- Customizable toolbar. (See demo: Custom Toolbar)
- Uploading files.
- Download files.
- Update the file list dynamically using callbacks.
- Drag and drop support.
- Access rules to control access permissions. (See demo: Access Control)
- Search for a file within a list quickly, using a built-in filter box.
- Built-in context menu.
- Amazon, Azure, and Dropbox file system providers. (See demo: Amazon Provider, Azure Provider, Dropbox Provider)
- Item templates. (See demo: Templates)
- Keyboard support for main file operations.
- Client-side events allow you to perform custom actions before and after items are edited, handle errors that occur during editing, and respond to changing or opening a selected file.
- You can use our client-side API to obtain a selected file, to get the current folder path, to get the full file name and to refresh all pages.