Bind to Data
The ASPxGridView control can operate only in bound mode. Otherwise, it will not display any data. ASPxGridView can be bound to any standard data source type including: SqlDataSource, ObjectDataSource, XmlDataSource, AccessDataSource, and SiteMapDataSource.
ASPxGridView also supports Database Server Mode - a data binding mode that is specifically designed to work with large data levels: more than 50,000 records. Data is loaded in small portions, and data-aware operations are performed on the server-side to provide quick access to data, even if the sorting, grouping, filtering and summary features are used.
- Connecting ASPxGridView to a Data Source
- Binding to Large Data (Database Server Mode)
- Built-in Row Caching
- Unbound Columns
- How to: Bind the ASPxGridView to Data Created at Runtime (DataTable)
- How to: Bind to an ArrayList
- KB - How to: Bind the ASPxGridView to Entity Framework Objects
- How to: Display Real-Time Data
- How to: Generate Persistent Objects for Existing Data Tables
- How to: Add an Unbound Column to Supply Additional Data
- How to: Implement Master-Detail at Runtime (XPO)