Merge Data Cells
The ASPxGridView can automatically merge adjacent cells with the same values. Since cell merging is disabled by default, you would need to set the GridViewDataColumnSettings.AllowCellMerge property to true to allow the grid to merge cells, or control cell merging availability for specific columns using the GridViewDataColumnSettings.AllowCellMerge property.
Custom Cell Merging
Once cell merging is enabled, you can handle the ASPxGridView.CustomCellMerge event to implement cell merging manually. The event fires for every adjacent pair of cells in a column. If the cells are merged, the resulting cell value is equal to the value of the first cell.
Cell Merging Limitations
The cell merging feature is not supported in adaptive modes.
When cell merging is enabled, the following limitations are applied to the grid features.
- Row focusing is not supported.
- The cell merging functionality is not available in batch edit mode.
- The alternating row style is not supported.
- A preview row is not supported.
- Conditional formatting is not supported.