Merge Data Cells
The ASPxGridView can automatically merge adjacent cells with the same values. Set the ASPxGridViewBehaviorSettings.AllowCellMerge property to
true to allow the grid to merge cells, or set the GridViewDataColumnSettings.AllowCellMerge property to
true to enable this feature only for specific columns.
Custom Cell Merge
Once cell merge is enabled, you can handle the ASPxGridView.CustomCellMerge event to implement cell merge manually. The event fires for every adjacent pair of cells in a column. If the cells are merged, the resulting cell value is equal to the value of the first cell.
Cell Merge Limitations
The cell merge feature is not supported in adaptive modes.
When cell merge is enabled, the following limitations apply to the grid features:
- Row focus is not supported.
- The cell merge functionality is not available in batch edit mode.
- Alternating row styles are not supported.
- Preview rows are not supported.
- Conditional formatting is not supported.