You can access the shortcuts configuration options page using the CodeRush | Shortcuts... menu item.
This page looks as follows. On the left part of the page, there is a hierarchical list of shortcuts, and on the right part — the configuration of the selected shortcut. Use the toolbar above the shortcuts list to manage shortcuts and folders. To find a shortcut, use the search bar.
The shortcut configuration consists of the following options.
- The shortcut or two shortcuts that should be pressed sequentially to trigger the Command execution.
- "Enabled" check box — the shortcut will work only when it is checked.
- Command — the action to execute when the shortcut is pressed.
- Parameters — if the command accepts parameters (e.g., "BookmarkGoto", "JumpTo", "SelectionEmbed", etc.), specify them in this field.
- "After executing this command, pass shortcut on to IDE for default handling" check box — if it is checked, Visual Studio will be able to handle the shortcut after CodeRush handles it.
- Context — the set of conditions, which should evaluate to true for the command to execute. You can find detailed information about contexts in the Context Providers section.
- "Sync this shortcut with the command key binding registered in Visual Studio" check box — a number of shortcuts support integration into the Visual Studio context menu. Use this check box to enable integration.
Searching for a Shortcut
You can use the search field to find the required shortcut by its command or keys. The key names and shortcuts should be typed as text into the search box.
Adding a Shortcut
Follow the steps below to add a new shortcut.