Session.GetObjectsFromQuery(XPClassInfo, LoadDataMemberOrderItem, String) Method
Executes a SQL query and returns its result set as a collection of non-persistent objects.
An array of LoadDataMemberOrderItem objects which provide mapping information for classInfo members and the query's result set columns.
A String value that specifies an SQL query.
A collection of non-persistent classInfo objects instantiated with data obtained via the specified SQL query.
This method performs the following:
- Executes the specified SQL query and obtains the query result as a result set.
- Populates a collection with classInfo objects that are instantiated with the result set's data, based on the mapping information passed as the members parameter. Note that classInfo should represent a non-persistent class decorated with a NonPersistentAttribute.
The GetObjectsFromQuery method throws an exception if the members array includes any of the following classInfo members:
- A property that is not defined within the classInfo object.
- A struct type member.
- A reference to a class with a struct type member.
- A collection used in object relations.
To learn more about executing SQL queries in XPO and retrieving objects from query results, refer to Direct SQL Queries.