Session.GetObjectsFromQuery(XPClassInfo, List<XPMemberInfo>, String) Method
Executes a SQL query and returns its result set as a collection of non-persistent objects.
Specifies object members mapped to columns in the resulting set. The order of list elements should correspond to the order of the resulting set columns.
Specifies an SQL statement.
A collection of non-persistent classInfo objects instantiated with data obtained via the specified SQL query.
This method performs the following:
- Executes the specified SQL query and obtains the query result as a result set.
- Populates a collection with classInfo objects that are instantiated with the result set’s data, based on the mapping information passed as the members parameter. Note that classInfo should represent a non-persistent class decorated with a NonPersistentAttribute.
The GetObjectsFromQuery method throws an exception if the members list includes any of the following classInfo members:
- A property that is not defined within the classInfo object.
- A struct type member.
- A reference to a class with a struct type member.
- A collection used in object relations.
To learn more about executing SQL queries in XPO and retrieving objects from query results, refer to Direct SQL Queries.