Session.GetObjectsFromSproc<T>(String, OperandValue) Method
Executes a stored procedure and returns its result set as a collection of objects of a non-persistent type specified by the generic type parameter.
A String value that specifies the stored procedure’s name.
An array of OperandValue objects representing parameters to pass to the stored procedure.
The type of objects returned by the method. A class that implements this type sould be decorated with NonPersistentAttribute.
A collection of non-persistent objects of the specified type that are instantiated with data obtained via the specified stored procedure.
This method performs the following:
- Executes the specified stored procedure with parameters and obtains the result as a result set.
- Creates objects of the specified type and instantiates them with the result set’s data, and populates a collection with these objects. The type and the order of object members should exactly match the result set’s columns. Note that the GetObjectsFromSproc<T> method’s generic type parameter should specify a non-persistent class decorated with a NonPersistentAttribute.
The GetObjectsFromSproc<T> method throws an exception if object members include any of the following:
- A property that is not defined within the T type.
- A struct type member.
- A reference to a class with a struct type member.
- A collection used in object relations.
To learn more about executing stored procedures in XPO and retrieving objects from the results, refer to Stored Procedures.