Session.GetObjectsFromQuery(XPClassInfo, String) Method
Executes a SQL query and returns its result set as a collection of non-persistent objects.
Specifies an SQL statement.
A collection of non-persistent classInfo objects instantiated with data obtained via the specified SQL query.
This method performs the following:
- Executes the specified SQL query and obtains the query result as a result set.
- Populates a collection with classInfo objects that are instantiated with the result set's data. The type and the order of classInfo members should exactly match the result set's columns. Note that classInfo should represent a non-persistent class decorated with a NonPersistentAttribute.
The GetObjectsFromQuery method throws an exception if classInfo members include any of the following:
- A property that is not defined within the classInfo object.
- A struct type member.
- A reference to a class with a struct type member.
- A collection used in object relations.
To learn more about executing SQL queries in XPO and retrieving objects from query results, refer to Direct SQL Queries.