The Web Document Viewer supports HTML5/JS and is used to display an interactive document preview in ASP.NET MVC applications.
Add a Document Viewer to an existing application or create a new one using the Project Wizard.
Learn about the mobile Document Viewer mode for phones and tablets.
Explore the Document Viewer's customization options.
Localize the Document Viewer's UI.
The Document Viewer includes the following main features:
- Asynchronous document building;
- Pixel-perfect document rendering;
- The multi-page mode enabling you to display an entire document;
- A flexible client-side customization mechanism;
- An application's modern look and feel;
- Support for in-place content editing.
Watch the Video: Reporting: ASP.NET MVC Document Viewer (YouTube)
The current documentation describes the HTML5/JS Document Viewer. The previous ASP.NET Document Viewer has deprecated since v19.1. For information on the former ASP.NET Document Viewer, refer to the ASP.NET Document Viewer documentation v18.2.