In v19.1, the ASP.NET Document Viewer has become deprecated. We recommend that you use the newer HTML5/JS Document Viewer instead. If you still want to use the deprecated Document Viewer, see documentation for v18.2.
The Web Document Viewer supports HTML5/JS and is used to display an interactive document preview in ASP.NET MVC applications.
Add a Document Viewer to an existing application or create a new one using the Project Wizard.
Use the Document Viewer to show reports created remotely with the DevExpress Report and Dashboard Server.
Learn about the mobile Document Viewer mode for phones and tablets.
Explore the Document Viewer's customization options.
Localize the Document Viewer's UI.
The Document Viewer includes the following main features:
- Asynchronous document building;
- Pixel-perfect document rendering;
- The multi-page mode enabling you to display an entire document;
- A flexible client-side customization mechanism;
- An application's modern look and feel;
- Support for in-place content editing.
Watch the Video: Reporting: ASP.NET MVC Document Viewer (YouTube)